The Let’s talk tourism – National Tourism Forum is back for its third year and we hope you’ll agree the line-up is as strong as ever this year. We would love if you could help us spread the word to all Skål members and encourage attendance at this conference by forwarding the below details to all your members. The conference will be held in the Great Southern Killarney on Friday, November 9th.
The Let’s talk tourism – National Tourism Forum is designed for all sectors working within the tourism industry at grassroots level. The event is industry-led and organised (it is a not-for-profit event) and appeals to all sectors in the travel and hospitality industry, as well as local government and political representatives. The programme for the one-day conference is curated with inclusivity in mind. The discussions and outcomes are designed to inform participants and influence policy makers.
The overall theme for this year’s conference is THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT? Our draft programme includes the following topics and speakers:
- Strategies for Sustainable Growth
- Paul Kelly, CEO of Fáilte Ireland
- International trends impacting on tourism: What they mean for Ireland
- Mark Henry, Central Marketing Director at Tourism Ireland
- Tourism – An industry strategy for growth to 2025
- Eoghan O’Mara Walsh, CEO of ITIC
- Brexit: What is the impact for travelling to, and tourism in, Ireland?
- Noel Sweeney, Tourism & Transport Consult International
- Deirdre Wells OBE, CEO of UKinbound
- Peter Bellew, Chief Operations Officer at Ryanair
- John McGrillen, Chief Executive of Tourism Northern Ireland
- External factors affecting tourism on our island
- Yvonne Holmes, Head of Business Performance & Analytics at AIB
- Titanic Belfast – A Case Study
- Judith Owens, CEO of Titanic Belfast
- Learnings from other markets
- Elizabeth Crabill, CEO of CIE Tours International
- Ines Batz, Director of Northern Europe at DER Touristik
- China: an opportunity
- James Kenny, China Country Manager at Tourism Ireland
- Closing panel discussion
The full day conference will take place on Friday 9th November in the Great Southern Killarney from 9am until 5.30pm. There is a gala dinner that evening where the Skal National President’s Award will be presented. Bookings can be made through our website www.ntf.ie/booking/ or by emailing email@example.com to receive a booking form.
For any further enquiries, please email Ciara O’Grady firstname.lastname@example.org
Skal International – Republic of Ireland.
Guinness Storehouse on Nov.13th. Meet@ 12.30p.m. Cost €35.00
Date for your diary – the annual Skal Cork President’s Christmas Lunch will be held on Sunday 9th December in Fitzgeralds Vienna Woods Hotel, Cork.
Skal Galway President’s Christmas Party – Hotel Meyrick
Christmas Lunch on Dec.11th., Fitzpatrick’s Castle Hotel. Meet @ 1200 noon. Cost €45.00.
Flavours of Flannery’s – Flannery’s Hotel
Skal Galway are hoping to host an overnight stay at Renvyle House, Connemara, Co Galway.
This trip is subject to numbers and people interested and will not be fully confirmed until nearer the time.
A wonderful evening where Skal Galway are hosted by the students of GMIT. A fantastic showcase of the emerging talent and skills of the upcoming hospitality professionals.